Saturday, October 29, 2005

See? Having a blog is useless

if you don't practice the art of the blog. I bet my three readers feel pretty abandoned right now.

I was going to post something about how Test-Driven Development is hard, but I think it really comes down to this: I suck at TDD. All my efforts to do it end up, within a couple hours, as expansive attempts to build ever more elaborate (and, consequently, fragile) mocks. I put TDD By Example in my shopping cart. It'll be a secondary purchase whenever I next buy something from Am.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Jerry Talton said...

And you know what else? You suck at Test Driven Design, too.

(I had to type "oedlny" to get this comment to post. I wish they'd pick words and not random letter combinations.)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Devin said...

What, you think just because you send me two emails and I don't reply that you can just come on here and post a comment and expect me to reply just because this is some sort of public forum where I have to keep up my image as some sort of friendly and responsive guy?

Well, I'm not gonna do it.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Devin said...

Damn it!

(Well, at least my letters were readable and not all twisty.

Weirdly, I got the same set of letters for this post.)

Any way, I posted "I suck at TDD," so it covers both. Ha. *insert tongue-sticking-out guy*

Though I think the whole TDD/TFD/BDD thing is a bunch of bullshit semantic arguments in which I care not to get involved. Dumb people will remain dumb; I don't know why people try to change that.

(Ha! Actually, blogger came back to me and said "no, enter *these* letters!" They probably forgot to pragma: no-cache the image or something. Man, Blogger is teh poo poo.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home