Thursday, March 02, 2006

I came very close to sending this...

but I didn't, 'cause I'm a wimp. (Mostly, 'cause I couldn't decide who should be the victim.) It's based on some particulars due to the fact that we use *cough* Lotus *hack* Notes *die*.

See, here's what I don't get.

"Reply to All with History" is the last of four menu items that appear when you click the "Reply" button, whereas "Reply" is the first and is right below the button. Now, Fitt's law tells me that, all else equal, the likelihood of you clicking a button is inversely proportional to that button's distance from your mouse cursor's current position.

So, why would you go through all the extra effort to click "Reply to All with History," when "Reply" is right there, much closer, and much less annoying to the other 25 recipients of your email?

This has been a Public Service Announcement from yours truly. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jerry Talton said...

The recent TJ Alumni List thread could also have used such an admonition...

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Devin said...

1. What could possibly have you so interested in that mailing list as to read it?

2. I take it you can't help me with my disenthuse quandary?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home